Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last week I was trying to read the shampoo bottle in the shower and trying not to swear about the small print and how much the shampoo and conditioner bottles look the same. I thought it was worth trying to let the manufacturers know how annoying this is. And as usual by the time I got dried off I had forgotten all about it. A few days later I am reading a magazine (have no idea which one) and I come across an article where the writer is having exactly the same problem but she got it into an article. Good for her.
On another note I am noticing more and more people from my age bracket travelling all over the world. It makes me wonder if I am missing something by not wanting to do this. Then I wonder if they are really enjoying it as much as it is costing them. Does all this travel become another form of a job?. The planning for the trip and then the trip and then talking about it when they return home while planning the next one seems rather exhausting. Much like work used to be.
There are people who have always loved to travel and now that they are retired they have the time to enjoy more of what they like to do. But at some point does the travel seem pointless in terms of giving back or fulfilling our need for connection and community. Quite possibly these big travelers can manage both. I cannot. Although when I do go away my perspective on my community and my home seems to have hit the refresh button.

No comments:

Post a Comment