Monday, September 2, 2013

Me with some of the new friends I made on a bike trip in Quebec province.

 Found it interesting that the carver had no women. He said he was almost ready to take that plunge but not yet. I think he meant that he was concerned that women would not find his caricatures amusing. I wondered why but since we were in a group I didn't want to put him on the spot by asking. Then again it may just be women of a certain age who would find these faces amusing. 

I find it so interesting that we can drive for about three hours and we are in a place where the culture and language is so different yet we are still in Canada. For all of our collective angst about Quebec sovereignty and their rights as a minority culture in our country the whole place brings such an interesting flavour to our travels. I find it curious that there are anglophones who do not like to drive through the province let alone stop for a visit. They are missing an experience that they would not hesitate to have in another country. Not really sure what that is all about??

3 comments:

  1. Oh I like these guys!

    I hear you on the Quebec thing! I love it. But know a lot of Anglophones are intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like these guys!

    I hear you on the Quebec thing! I love it. But know a lot of Anglophones are intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these guys! So cool! I hear you on Quebec - I think it's that folks think the Québécois are trying to " leave" us versus France that was never ours! I love Quebec - so lovely and people are usually so friendly!

    ReplyDelete