Monday, May 9, 2011

This week I am attending a speech by Bill Clinton hosted by Frank McKenna. I am delighted that a friend was able to get me a ticket otherwise I would not be able to afford one. Yet there is a little voice inside me wondering why I think someone who lied to his government and to the people who elected him should be worth listening to. I recognize his abilities and his access to all parts of the world which allows him to have information and understandings that most of us would never have but the distrust is still there a bit for me.
I am trying to imagine what would have happened if Jean Chretien had done what Clinton did?? That's taking me some time so be patient. He would not fill a small meeting room in Canada I wouldn't think. The powerful media machine that is the US can convince a majority to look the other way or "move on". Really who should care what he does in his private life as long as he isn't killing or abusing his family but he did not have the courage to stand up and say yes I did do what you are accusing me of now go away and mind your own business. I am still looking forward to his take on the global economy and hopefully where we sit as Canadians knowing full well I will be imagining what he was up to while President of the United States. Sort of like staying at the scene of an accident to see the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment