On my many 30 minute trips one way to Fredericton and back in the run of a week I have compiled a list of my "on the road" ideas and thoughts mixed in with a few complaints. Or maybe more than a few it really depends on your point of view.
1. Who knew that I would learn to like aqua fit and not feel like a fish out of water while doing it?
2. I still mute the acceptance speeches on Oscar night. But haven't yet figured out why listening to people be thankful irritates me so much.
3. The snow in the countryside (where I live) is so much whiter and prettier than city snow.
4. I struggle to get through some books (like Catch 22 and the Goldfinch) grumping and complaining until I reach the end and realize my mind has been enriched by the experience. None of this stops me from grumping and complaining about the next book that I don't like. May never really get the lesson on this one.
5. I haven't given up on the idea that someone should start a "real' business for seniors that assists them in navigating the hell that is "Push 1 for blah blah, push 2 for blah blah all the way up to 5" and not one of those descriptions clearly suits the senior's need. A great job for a resourceful compassionate group of young people.
6. Writing fiction is really really difficult which should make me more appreciative--see # 4.
7. I am intrigued by posturology that I learned a bit about this week. Chiropractors were considered quacks at one time so maybe this new approach will work?
In conclusion a couple of fun quotes from Catch 22.
“Well, he died. You don't get any older than that.”
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”