Monday, August 12, 2013

Changes

After a weekend of weddings, two we went to and one we had to miss I began to think about change.

 It got me to thinking so much about it I changed the background on this blog to the orange which I am not sure for how long I will keep it . But hey change is a good thing.

Watching a friend get married for the first time in her late forties was watching change that has evolved and come about gradually to reach this point where it simply seems as if it was always meant to be. She would likely dispute that since she had a few years where I think she wondered if the right man was ever going to come along. She has taken her time making this change and it sat on her really well at the ceremony. This may be why I felt it was a natural change. Oh mature love.

The second ceremony we attended was between a couple in their early twenties. It was an emotional event with lots of tears of both joy and sadness for what was about to change for the happy couple and what was about to change for the parents. I watched as this young couple seemed to slip away from the rest of us after the vows were exchanged. The official signing of the marriage document seemed to be the purpose and the goal, the rest was really not necessary for them to be completely happy. Their change appeared to be sudden and intense. Oh young love.


"No relationship is all sunshine, but once you've learned to play in the rain, you've discovered the secret to surviving the passing storm together." (source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment